Becoming a Member
Learn more about why you should become a member and sign up today!
When you become a member of the Nuclear Against Racism initiative by taking the pledge, you will receive exclusive access to the members-only portal which includes the following:
A forum for individuals and organizations to:
• Share and utilize resources.
• Share events or other industry learning opportunities.
• Collaborate development of specific goals and targets around diversification industry wide and antiracism action.
• Learn about opportunities for mentorship, scholarship and tutoring opportunities to influence students towards the nuclear industry.
• Share experiences about what has and hasn't work for your organization.
Access to special events/training with a focus on Anti-Racism, Diversity & Inclusion, & Unconscious Bias Training
Members will also receive a monthly newsletter from Nuclear Against Racism with the following:
• Monthly Anti-racism checklist/action List (resources, important dates, what you can do as an organization or individual).
• Spotlight on the antiracism work that is happening in the nuclear industry.
• Spotlight on not-for-profit/charitable organizations with a focus on anti-racism that members are encouraged to support.
• Information about upcoming special events and training.
By becoming a member of Nuclear Against Racism, you accept the following pledge:
I pledge to acknowledge my own racist bias and understand that I am not perfect. I will continuously self-reflect and consider how my everyday actions are affecting the world around me.
I pledge to be anti-racist in my actions. I will rebuke the use of racist language and behaviour towards others. I will expand my consciousness to be more aware and sensitive to my use of overt and subtle expressions of racism and racial stereotypes. Moreover, I will stand up for BIPOC when I see racist behaviour.
I pledge to educate myself on racial justice issues and share what I learn in my own communities even if it means challenging my family, my partner, my children, my friends, my co-workers and those I encounter on a daily basis.
I pledge to acknowledge the privilege that I am given by our normative society, whether it stems from my skin colour, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, or disability. I did not chose to be who I am, but I know that the way I am seen by society affects the way that I move through the world.
I pledge to listen to and believe BIPOC when they share their experiences. While it is not my job to speak for them, I can use my privilege to amplify their voices.
I take this pledge, fully aware that the struggle to eliminate racism will not end with a mere pledge but calls for an ongoing transformation within myself and the institutions and structures of our society.
BECOME A MEMBER
If you are an individual that would like to become a member of Nuclear Against Racism, please sign up below.
Once you have signed up, you can register for an account.
Fill out the form below:
Thank you for joining, you can now register for your account
An error occurred. Try again later